20 risposte [Ultimo contenuto]
Lunanne
Ritratto di Lunanne
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 17 Gen 2010

We have :

-interviews from DA

- marker missions...I think

I would like to see some more newsrelated articles (like cavcon change etc. ) and humorous/comic articles, so ideas/writers for those are welcome :)

Polgara
Ritratto di Polgara
Magazine teamTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 24 Apr 2010

I´ve started with the newspaper. Suggestion is at the usual place.

Polgara
Ritratto di Polgara

New version online.

Trekluver
Ritratto di Trekluver
Magazine team
Iscritto: 27 Nov 2011

I sent Lunanne some stuff a while back for publishing in the magazine and she said she had updated it on the wiki; where can I see it? I didn't know the GoMe had a wiki. Thanks.

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is

Lunanne
Ritratto di Lunanne

Trekluver wrote:

I sent Lunanne some stuff a while back for publishing in the magazine and she said she had updated it on the wiki; where can I see it? I didn't know the GoMe had a wiki. Thanks.

uhoh blush Let's just say it is on the wiki/book pages now :P http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/book/news-open-source-front I posted the original version with some notes and I will be editing it soonish. 

Trekluver
Ritratto di Trekluver
Magazine team

Hum, apparently I need magazine staff access? It gives me an access denied error. (Sorry)

Lunanne
Ritratto di Lunanne

Ah, sorry I should have mentioned I didn't know what access right you needed and just wanted you to try to find out :P Let me fix it.

I gave you both Messenger and Magazine team, that should fix it I think.

Trekluver
Ritratto di Trekluver
Magazine team

Ok, no problem. Thanks. :)

Lunanne
Ritratto di Lunanne

Okay I have uploaded a comic to the photobucket account, with trekluver's article in the wiki the only thing else to add is Ne'vyn's puzzle. I'll ask him to upload it to the wiki or photobucket account. 

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn
Forum moderatorMagazine teamCavern CrierMessenger
Iscritto: 15 Nov 2011

Umm...Sure. (Sorry to be a pain...is this info in the Guild Books?!?) I'll check tommorrow, if so. I think I speak for many when I say, "I'm URU'd for the day."

Good job everyone, once again, on the AGM! See you all here or in the cavern sometime soon!

| "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander |

Leonardo
Ritratto di Leonardo
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 19 Giu 2008

Uhm...let me think. The infos should be in the Private Magazine Section of these forums. ;)

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Edit2: I just uploaded the puzzle to both the server and the photobucket account. Delete whichever one you don't need. My apologies for this being so time-consuming for you Leo!

EDIT: Ignore most of this post, except the NN below. Read the one in the private section instead. -Nev

Ok, so I found this, but I will need someone to PM me the log-in info for the account.:

http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/book/newspaper-image-resources

Otherwise, I'd just store it on our server, but I don't think i have that kind of access either. (Because I don't have @guildofmessengers email...At least Idon't think I do.)

Nevyn's Note: Speaking of pictures, the logo for the new GoG is lovely, but kinda big. I recommend we get special permission to crop it. Just my opinion here! 

Doobes
Ritratto di Doobes
WebmasterCouncil memberMagazine teamCavern CrierUru2U TeamMessenger
Iscritto: 15 Dic 2010

I have an article in the works about the CAVCON Awareness Party and background on the meter in general.  Not sure exactly where to post it, though.  PM to you, Luna?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found Leo's placeholder for it. :P

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

So I have an idea for an article whose working title is "A Month in the Cavern"...It would feature the major events of the past month, plus commentary from a few explorers who attended the various functions. (Since it's "late in the game" for issue 1, perhaps this post should be moved to a thread for issue 2?) Any thoughts??? 

Polgara
Ritratto di Polgara

Doobes - perfect, that´s the article I´ve waited for.
The issue should be finished soon.

Nev'yn: great idea, something like that belongs to a newspaper. I thought about something like that myself, but I can´t do it.

Polgara
Ritratto di Polgara

New version online with comments.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Ok, so it's raining buckets here*. This gave me time to write "Month in the Cavern" the article. I know the book page is being posted late, and I don't wish to create extra work for Polgara or the rest of the team. (So, feel free to discard it, if it will do so.) Otherwise, can someone "look it over". I wrote it, then had lunch, then did a re-write. I've now been "staring" at it too long to have an "objective" eye. Thoughts/opinions on changes, plus double checking usernames would be helpful. Thanks!!!

I'll be deleting the draft copy of Go'Me and uploading the final copy any day now. (I sent the payment on the 23rd, but you know how it takes paypal 3-5 business days to process, plus the holiday...ect.) The updated info be posted in the other thread. 

-Nev

(*Nevyn's Note: My cat kept meowing to go outside while I wrote the article. When I finally opened the door so he could see it was raining, Jack looked up to me an went, "Mowf?" then ran and hid in the closet. Weirdo!!!)  

Leonardo
Ritratto di Leonardo
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 19 Giu 2008

I have restructured a bit the Cavern Post Book :)

Polgara
Ritratto di Polgara

New version online.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

(I decided to post this here, and not in the comments section of the layout page):

@Pol: It looks great!!! I do have two things to mention...Go'Me is female. You'll need to change "new guy" to "new gal". Sorry for the annoyance! The other thing, if we're not going to use the article, just delete it. Otherwise, it'll keep going out a month behind. (Assuming we ever get to "once a month" publication.) I don't want to be talking about December stuff in the Jan/Feb issue.) I'm trying to keep the article to being "recent". I'm not *set* on having it included. I simply had a chance to write it up at the last moment. (Although each month or so, I'll have to submit it fairly close to publication time for it to be current.) Like I said before, I do not wish to create too much extra work for the team. Whatever you, Leo, and Luna decide is fine by me.

Another thought that occured to me is that perhaps we should have a "View from the Gallery" article? What I mean is, someone come forward from the community to talk about "what they do" in the cavern...Like, Leo could talk about moderating the AGM, Go'Me community relations, ect. Another month, Tai'lahr could talk about the GoH, what's going on with the Myst refugees in SL, ect. See what i'm saying? Maybe someone could do a piece on planning of the the current/past/future Mysteriums closer to the date of this year's event?

Lastly, I've been talking to Larry about submitting an article for Issue 2 on the "ecological diversity" of the various ages. (Like his zoological thread on the forums, but instead focusing on the environment.) Well, that's about it from me. Hmmm...with all these ideas, I just realized I'm close to being voted "Supervising Editor" for the newsletter if I'm not careful!

I'm headed back to my hut on Relto to "hide out" now! Lol!!!

EDIT: Just uploaded photos for the article. (Still not sure if we're using the artcle or not.) The only pic I'm "set" on using is Mouski's Christmas Eve Party screen capture. (Dec11MIC_005.jpg) The other in order 1-4, are as follows: Shaper's Tree, New Greeters @ GoG Hood, DMR Concert, and Kid Mike's Fissure Party. Use what you need, and feel free to delete the rest!

Polgara
Ritratto di Polgara

Nev'yn wrote:

Go'Me is female....

Sorry - changed it  surprise

I would say the publications depend on the available stuff and the urgency. Important up-to-date topics can be published fast and if there´s "just" your monthly report - it can be published as well.

The "View from the Gallery" articles - great idea as well - if you get the people to write them.

New version with December included is online.